Out Sept. 7. Pre-order from Amazon now.
THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME is the soundtrack to the legendary concert film of the same name, which was released in 1976. The performances in the film were recorded July 27-29, 1973 at Madison Square Garden during the band’s tour for its then-current studio album, Houses Of The Holy.The Super Deluxe Boxed Set will be the most exquisite and elaborate release in the reissue series, recreating the intricate embossing of the set’s original issue and will also mark the first time the full length film and soundtrack have been available in the same package.
The Super Deluxe format includes:
- Remastered audio on two CDs and four 180-gram vinyl LPs.
- Two DVD set of the The Song Remains The Same featuring the full theatrical version of the film plus bonus content including four performance outtakes that were not part of the original film: “Celebration Day,” “Over The Hills And Far Away,” “Misty Mountain Hop,” and “The Ocean.”
- DVD of the entire album in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and PCM Stereo, plus photo gallery.
- High-def download card of all stereo audio content at 96kHz/24 bit.
- A 28-page book featuring band photos and stills from the film and an essay by Cameron Crowe.
- A replica of the Japanese program from 1977, previously available only when the film first toured cinemas in that country.
- High-quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered.