Out June 18. Order from Amazon now.
Demon Records is proud to present the ultimate reissue of The Yardbirds' 1966 album Yardbirds,(often known as 'Roger the Engineer'.)
Recorded by the classic line up of Jeff Beck, Keith Relf, Jim McCarty, Chris Dreja and Paul Samwell-Smith, the band began exploring new sonic territories, pushing their blues-rock sound into the realms of the avant-garde, psychedelia and Indian music.
Using original tapes, this super deluxe edition features new and definitive remastering by Phil Kinrade at Alchemy Mastering at AIR, overseen by original album producer Paul Samwell-Smith.
- Yardbirds in mono -Remastered from the original British ¼" mono master tapes, newly transferred for this release at Abbey Road Studios. Pressed on audiophile 180g vinyl, housed in a replica of the original British album sleeve.
- Yardbirds in stereo -Considered by producer Paul Samwell-Smith to be the definitive version of the album, the stereo mix has been remastered from the ¼" master tapes which were newly transferred for this release at Alchemy Mastering at AIR. Pressed on audiophile 180g vinyl, housed in a replica of the ultra-rare German sleeve.
- Happenings Ten Years Time Ago 7"-The classic psychedelic single (featuring future Led Zeppelin members Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones) has been newly remastered for this release.
- 3 CDs-Featuring the mono and stereo mixes of the album on CDs 1 and 2 and bonus tracks on CD 3. Highlights on CD 3 include newly remastered non-album singles, rare alternate versions, and a previously unreleased early mix of 'Turn Into Earth' which reveals a searing guitar solo by Jeff Beck.
- 24-page 12" x 12" booklet -Includes rare memorabilia and photographs, an exclusive introduction by Jeff Beck, testimonials by Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore and MC5's Wayne Kramer, plus an extensive essay and track-by-track liner notes by David French based on new interviews with Jimmy Page, Paul Samwell-Smith, Jim McCarty and Simon Napier-Bell.
- Fold-out poster inspired by the original 'Over, Under, Sideways, Down' single release advertisement.